- Around 5 people were killed in 1982 in Chicago after someone tampered with the over-the-counter medication Tylenol. No one has ever been charged. Read here.
- Adam Worth is considered the inspiration for Sir Arthur Conon Doyle fictional criminal mastermind James Moriarty. A master criminal, he famously stole a priceless painting but never stole it because he liked it. He was caught after making a minor error, his wife was seduced by a close friend who then abandoned her, she went insane was committed to an asylum and when Adam got out, she didn’t recognise him. Horrifying, be engrossed here.
- Adam was also buried in Highgate Cemetery which is filled with interesting characters from previous centuries, easy to get lost in a Wikipedia hole here. Get lost here.
- Gretna Green by the Scottish/English border is where young people went to get married quickly, apparently, this was covered a lot in early 20th-century film and television. Pop the question here.
- An oubliette is ‘a secret dungeon with access only through a trapdoor in its ceiling’. Sounds awful, read here.
- One of the best AskReddit questions ever, ‘Reddit, what are the most useful askreddit posts?’ Meta, get informed here.