- All Walls Must Fall is an indie game I heard about through Twitter, obviously leaving in Berlin I’d be interested in playing this tech-noir thriller set in the year 2089 where the Berlin Wall never came down. Read about it here.
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai is the tallest building in the world, whilst it’s construction was mired with human-rights abuses, I found this fact about the upper levels really interesting. Read more about it here.
Ramadan observance on the higher floors
At the higher floors of the Burj, people can still see the sun for a couple of minutes after it has set on the ground. This has led Dubai clerics to rule that those living above the 80th floor should wait 2 additional minutes to break their Ramadan fast, and those living above the 150th floor, 3 minutes.
- A friend tweeted about ‘Snob Screens’ – a device that is still found in some British pubs. Originally created so middle-class drinkers could see working class drinkers in the bar next to them, but not be seen by them. Be snobby here.
- If you were big on Tumblr back in the day (FYI I’m one of the five people still on Tumblr) then you may remember the fashion blog Suicide Blonde that mysteriously disappeared. I found her new account and spent a while getting lost in her excellent mood-board, aptly renamed for 2017 as Homicidal Brunette. Get lost here.
- Another Twitter friend posted about a YouTube account that reviews junk food found in German supermarket’s and it’s honestly made me so happy. Fill up here.
- Just bought these Nike Air Force 1’s on sale (MAYBE, I’m still having problems ordering anything online in Germany), apparently, nobody wants a bigger stack on their heel but I want us to all go back to wearing platform shoes. Oogle them here.